We get these all the time.
Managed Hosting Questions & Answers
We've put together a list of frequently asked questions new clients tend to ask when they're thinking of hiring us to host their website. Feel free to give us a call for more information.
- What is Managed Hosting and how does it work?
- Managed Hosting is a new and revolutionary approach to web hosting from Hunter Connect. The idea is simple; to make it easier for outdoor business owners to run their day to day operations knowing that their website is taken care of. We help them by uploading pictures, performing routine maintenance when needed, and troubleshooting website issues as they come up. Clients are always just an email away from getting the help they need.
- How does your service differ from regular hosting?
- Managed Hosting is very different in that it isn't just about hosting your site; it's also about the ongoing support made available to you when you need it. All of our plans come standard with 30MIN of web support each month that can be used to make changes to your site or redeemed for technical assistance.
- How do we send in changes for our website?
- We make it easy to keep your site current; you can send an email with your instructions to , or submit a support ticket through our client portal.
Here's how to submit a ticket online:You'll be notified by email when your ticket has been resolved or in case we have a question. Most tickets are resolved within two business days from the time they're submitted.
1) Login to your account at my.HunterConnect.com
2) Click on Web Support (third tab to the right)
3) Click the New Ticket button
4) Fill out the form with your instructions
5) Submit the ticket
- How should larger files be provided?
- While pictures, text documents, and most other files may be sent to us via email, you may occasionally need to provide larger files (such as video). This is done easily by burning a CD/DVD with your files and mailing them to our office. Please refer to our contact page for our mailing address.
- How long have you guys been doing this?
- We've been designing and hosting outdoor websites since 2008. We currently host hundreds of websites for hunting outfitters, fishing guides and other outdoor companies.
- Do your plans include search engine optimization?
- We offer ongoing optimization as a separate service called SEO & Monitoring.
- What are the limitations of your support/maintenance service?
- Our maintenance service is designed to help keep your website current with new pictures, rates, and other content which might need to be changed from time to time; these type of requests are all included. Other requests which require us to redesign or restructure parts of your site are generally not included, and may be billed separately at our standard design rate ($55/hr).
- Does the monthly half hour of web support carry over if it doesn't get used?
- No. Each month you'll have 30MIN available (even if you didn't send in any requests the previous month).
- How long will we have to wait for changes?
- Most requests are carried out within two business days. We'll let you know if this is not possible.
- Are there any hidden fees?
- No hidden fees. We like to keep things straightforward and honest. We'll provide you with an estimate whenever you submit a request that exceeds the 30MIN included with your hosting plan, and let you decide whether to move forward or not.
- How do we sign up for service?
- Creating an account with us is easy! You can give us a call at 1.888.707.5717, or visit our client portal to sign up. Once you've created an account, a friendly staff member will call you to assist with the transfer of your website and to setup your new hosting account.
- How do we go about transferring our site over to you guys?
- We'll work with you and your current host to help you transfer the site. In most cases, the transfer process takes just a few hours and is handled completely on our end. When we're done, we'll test the site thoroughly, ensuring everything continues to run as it did before the transfer.
- How do we go about canceling service?
- You're welcome to cancel your service at any time by emailing us, or calling 1.888.707.5717 (during regular business hours). Please remember that we have a strict no refund policy (even if you cancel shortly after signing up). We invite you to take a look at our Terms of Service for complete details.
- Will you guys help us move our site to a different host if we cancel our service?
- We do not typically assist in transferring sites to other providers. That being said, we'll be glad to answer any questions you may have about the process, and provide the necessary login details so that you or your new host can download the website swiftly.
- What is your policy on spam and bulk emailing?
- We have adopted a zero-tolerance spam policy and strictly forbid the sending of bulk email from our servers. If you need to send out newsletters or other forms of email in bulk, we ask that you do so through a third-party provider such as MailChimp.
- Do you guys have your own servers?
- Hunter Connect keeps most of its servers in-house, and also has contracts with some of the top colocation centers in the US. Unlike many of our competitors, we don't rent out space on someone else's server; we own or lease all of our machines, and have our own response team on call 24/7, ready to troubleshoot any issues that might come up.
- What do your uptime/downtime stats look like?
- Clients enjoy very minimal down time, in fact, virtually none at all. We perform occasional maintenance late at night (or in the wee hours of the morning), in order to keep our servers up to date.
- I can't find an answer to my question, what now?
- Give us a call at 1.888.707.5717, to speak with one of our friendly team members.
"Just wanted to thank you guys for the great work and support you have given us over the years. I have [received] many comments on how good our web site looks and complementing the rich color of all the hunting areas. We have had a record year this season which will close at the end of this month. Thanks to you and your staff for all you have done for us!"- Ron "RJ" Allen
North Carolina, USA.
- Website Maintenance
- Complete Troubleshooting
- Unparalleled Web Support
- Dedicated Hosting Tools
Hunter Connect offers unmatched web design and hosting solutions for outdoor companies. We exist to provide a complete start-to-finish outdoor web experience; an experience fueled by listening to our clients' needs, and our ongoing effort to meet them more effectively. [Read More]