Managed Hosting F.A.Q
Managed Hosting Questions & Answers
We've put together a list of frequently asked questions new clients tend to ask when they're thinking of having us host their website. Feel free to give us a call for more information.
- What is Managed Hosting and how does it work?
- Managed Hosting is a new and revolutionary approach to web hosting from Hunter Connect. Its purpose is simple; to make it easier for outdoor business owners to run their day to day operations knowing that their website is taken care of. We help by uploading pictures to their sites, performing routine maintenance when needed and troubleshooting issues as they come up. Hunter Connect clients are always just an email away from getting the help they need.
- How does your Managed Hosting service differ from regular hosting?
- Managed Hosting is very different in that it isn't just about hosting your site. It's also about the ongoing support made available to you when you need it. All of our plans come standard with 30MIN of web support each month that can be used to make changes to your site or redeemed for technical assistance.
- How do I go about requesting changes to my website?
- There are 2 ways to do this. You can send an email with your instructions to or submit a support ticket through our client portal, myHunterConnect.
Here's how to submit a ticket at myHunterConnect:Once we receive your request we'll reply by email within 1 to 2 business days and keep you posted on our progress. Depending on the nature of your instructions and the amount of time needed to resolve the ticket, we may need an additional day or two in order to carry out your request. You'll be notified by email when your ticket has been resolved or in case we have a question. Most tickets are resolved within 2 business days from the time they're submitted.
1) Login to your account at my.HunterConnect.com
2) Click on Web Support (third tab to the right)
3) Create a new ticket by pressing the 'New Ticket' button.
4) Fill out the form with your instructions and click "Submit Ticket"
- How should I send large files, such as video clips I may want to add to my site?
- While you can attach pictures, word documents, PDFs and most other regular files quickly in an email, you may need to send larger files from time to time such as videos. You can do this by burning a CD or DVD with your files and mailing them to our office. Check out our contact page for our mailing address.
- How long have you guys been hosting outdoor sites?
- We began designing and hosting outdoor websites in 2008 and have been growing consistently for the past 4 years. We host hundreds of websites for hunting outfitters, fishing guides and other outdoor companies.
- Do the plans include Search Engine Optimization?
- Our plans do not include search engine optimization, but we have SEO plans available which are billed separately.
- Are there any limits on the types of support requests included with your hosting plans?
- Web support is designed to help keep your website up to date with pictures, rates, and other content which might need to be changed from time to time; these type of requests are all included. Other requests however, which may require us to redesign or restructure parts of your site are generally not included and can be carried out at our standard hourly design rate ($35/hr). Please refer to our Managed Hosting Handbook for an in-depth explanation of the types of requests that are not covered.
- Does my 30MIN of web support carry over if I don't use it all?
- No. Each month you'll have exactly 30MIN available even if you don't use them all.
- How long will I have to wait for changes to be made on my site?
- Most requests are carried out within 2 business days. We'll let you know if this is not possible.
- What happens when I've reached my plan's storage capacity?
- Our hosting plans come with a certain amount of disk space, bandwidth, and email accounts available. If you ever need to upgrade, or if you are reaching the capacity of your existing plan, we'll contact you so that you can upgrade to a plan that meets your needs.
- Are there any hidden fees or other costs associated with web support?
- No hidden fees. We like to keep things straightforward and simple. We'll provide you with an estimate whenever you submit a request that exceeds the 30MIN included with your hosting plan and let you decide whether to move forward or not.
- How do I go about signing up for service?
- Creating an account with us is easy! You can give us a call at 888.707.5717 or visit our client portal to sign up in a couple of minutes. After you've created an account, one of our dedicated staff members will call you to assist with the transfer of your website and to setup your new hosting account.
- How do we go about transferring my site from my current host?
- We'll work with you and your current host to help you transfer the site. In most cases, the transfer process takes just a few hours and can be handled completely from our end. When we're done, we'll test the site thoroughly, ensuring everything continues to run as it did before the transfer.
- How do I go about canceling my service?
- You can cancel your service at any time by emailing us or calling 888.707.5717 during regular business hours. Please remember that we have a strict no refund policy even if you choose to cancel your service in the middle or at the beginning of your billing cycle. See our Terms of Service for complete details.
- Will you guys help me move my site to a different host if I cancel my service?
- We do not typically assist in transferring a site to an external server, but we'll be glad to answer any questions you may have about the process and provide you with FTP login details so that you or your new host can download the website swiftly.
- What is your policy on spam and bulk emailing?
- We have adopted a zero tolerance spam policy and strictly discourage sending of bulk email from our servers. If you need to send out newsletters or other form of email in bulk we ask that you do so using a third-party provider such as MailChimp.
- Does Hunter Connect have its own servers?
- Our company houses many of its own servers and also has contracts with many of the top dedicated server distributors in the US. Unlike some of our competitors, we're not just simply renting out space on someone else's server; we own or lease all of our servers and have our own response team on call 24/7 ready to troubleshoot any issues that might come up.
- What do your uptime/downtime stats look like?
- Over the past 4 years our clients have enjoyed very minimal down time, in fact, virtually none at all. We perform occasional maintenance operations late at night or in the wee hours of the morning in order to keep our servers up to date and secure.
- I can't find an answer to my question, what now?
- We're always glad to hear from you; give us a call at 888.707.5717 to speak with one of our friendly staff members.